If you’ve been in my neck of the sci-fi-Jane-Austen-speckled woods for any amount of time, you’ll be familiar with the concept of Content Her Way.
CONTENT HER WAY
1. Challenge assumptions
2. Be generous
1. An entrepreneur who believes that there’s no one right way to create content for their business
And while that definition is all well and good… what exactly does it MEAN to do content your way?
What does ditching the shoulds look like?
If you’re excited to create things in your own way, but have felt confused and overwhelmed by the prospect, I have a little something for you.
I present to you The Content Her Way Manifesto.
(AKA your homing beacon to make sure you’re following the true path and avoiding the dark side of sameness.)
- Hiding yourself from those who truly need you is a definite NO. You don’t have to be/act/write/talk a certain way; you just have to be you.
- The only blueprint is the one you create for yourself. Learn the rules, then experiment with which rules you can bend, tweak or break.
- You improve + grow through making a mess. Always ask how you can make your content yours.
- You can have multiple reasons for doing what you do. Sometimes you want to change the world. And sometimes you just want to fund your coffee/stationery/book habit. Or your next vacation.
- SEO never gets in the way of a good story. Amazing content gets devoured + shared regardless. Would Jane Austen worry about SEO? Nope. And neither do you.
- The obsession with hustle is overrated. Hard work is important (you get that it’s part of the entrepreneurial deal) but never at the expense of your relationship with family and friends – you take pleasure breaks and make time for your crew.
- Marketing trends are just that – trends. Challenge all assumptions.
- Generosity is always a good idea. Always.
- When in doubt, keep telling your story. You have a unique message that needs to be heard.
- Your mind likes to play tricks on you. Despite what you might think late at night when you’re wondering “what on EARTH am I doing?!”… you can really help people. Jettison those Reaver-like mind gremlins out the airlock.
- Always, always, always make it fun. When you love what you create, your people will love it too. You find ways to make it fun for the both of you.
Take it. Leave it. Change it. Shift it. Make it yours.
This is Content Her Way after all.
Staying the course never looked so good.
And guess what! Now you can keep your manifesto handy on your desktop or print + post it to your office wall.
Click here to download the free (pretty) version of The Content Her Way Manifesto. (No opt-in required.)
I present to you The Content Her Way Manifesto. (AKA your homing beacon to make sure you’re following the true path and avoiding the dark side of sameness.) Click To Tweet
Oh! And if you want to officially join the movement and create content minus the drama, join Find Serenity – a masterclass on how to stop fighting with your content, pull all the loose ends together and find serenity in simplicity.
Ready to be the captain of your content?