Have you ever wondered what it’s like to create an app or be a female founder of a tech company?
I have to be honest. Before I met Christy, I didn’t realise HOW MUCH WORK + INSANENESS goes on behind-the-scenes of a tech company of one.
Especially a tech company that’s responsible for creating one of my fave apps, Plann – a 4-time award winning Instagram planning, scheduling + analytics app with 60,000 unique users per month (in 50 countries) that helps you build and grow your online biz.
And did I mention Plann’s a tech company of one?!
That “one” is the amazing Christy Laurence.
I’ve known Christy for about a year now and I’m always blown away by her mission + how much emphasis she places on helping people build and grow their businesses in everything she does.
In this episode we talk about lots of good stuff including:
- How Christy recently transitioned from a one woman shop to building her team
- Tips for creating content for a tangible product (great advice for product-based businesses!)
- The crazy behind-the-scenes in the life of an app developer + female founder
- Why success on Instagram (+ social media / business / life in general) is about community + connection and not short term growth hacks
- How to decide what kind of content suits different channels
- The power of community in driving progress + improvements in your business
- Exciting Plann updates + sneak peeks! (Eeeek!!!)
I’m proud to say I jumped on the Plann bandwagon in the early days (the first time I’ve been an early adopter for anything!) and Christy always continues to wow me with updates + epic improvements to Plann.
If you’re feeling annoyed at Instagram (+ your falling engagement) or you want to create true connection + community, then this episode is for you!
Just click play below to dive in. (Tea recommended.)
Prefer to listen?
Christy Laurence is the multi award-winning founder of Plann, an app she created after watching hugely talented people around the world give up on making an income from their passion due to lack of marketing help.
Plann was designed to help give more freedom and a stronger understanding of Social Media to anyone wanting to create their own business.
She was recently awarded ‘Australasian Startup Founder of The Year’ for her achievements helping businesses grow on Instagram.
She also loves a good chat and has a strong pun game.
Connect with Christy:
Want more? Check out the other episodes from The Content Her Way Show right here.